Moleskine Update

crockett street bridge
Crockett St Bridge. A standing sketch. Immediately to the right, out of frame, was a Coca-Cola delivery truck, engine idling. I'd been sketching for a while before I realized two delivery guys were watching me from the cab. When I noticed them staring I thought they'd ask to see the sketch, but instead they turned away somewhat self-consciously and rather abruptly drove away.

self portrait in living room with L reclining
I kind of screwed up Linda's sketch, but I'm fond of the self-portrait. It's one of the few where I'm clean-shaven.

sheep skull
Sheep skull. I find it difficult to elaborate on that description.

la tuna
La Tuna is an indoor/outdoor gathering spot/watering hole in San Antonio. The kitchen/indoor dining area burned down days after this sketch. That's I think four places I've sketched that were later destroyed, though I've heard it's already rebuilt. The beer is not mine, BTW. I'm not some kind of zealot or anything, just boring. I prefer Dr Pepper to Shiner Bock.

Comments

  1. Just stumbled upon your page while looking at architectural sketches. Very nice work. Really enjoy the architectural renderings you do - especially those panoramas... what great details!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past